Sunday, July 21, 2013

Generational Continuum



GENERATIONAL CONTINUUM:
 TO OUR CHILDREN

Before we were we, we were not-we, and so, you see, you could not be. 
Before we were we, we were two I’s:  watching the world, looking for each other, and waiting for you.
When we became we, we made you you:  wee.
As you became eversomuch more you, not wee, you looked with your I for another I
Looking for its own other I, to form a we.
I’s met, and I’s locked: whee!
I am we, as you are we, as they are we, and we are, after all, together.
Nothingness to beingness,
Beingness to somethingness,
Oneness to we-ness to oneness.
So has it been, and so may it always be. 

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww.... Mark, you old curmudgeon!! This is AW-ESOME.

    But silliness and puns aside, I really love what you wrote in your last three posts - in preparation for the wedding, the crazy wedding day / micro storm story and this very cool poem. Congratulations! I can't wait to see the photos.

    Sadly, I am missing the actual shows, because I am teaching on Tuesdays during the summer. But they sound wonderful from the playlists.

    ReplyDelete