Monday, June 25, 2012

"...See What's Become of Me"

Or,  "...World Enough and Time...."  There seems to be a dearth of both, lately.  Due to a sudden, self-professed (by the owner of Vermont Custom Cabinetry) "cabinet emergency,"  I've been thrust into the middle of a nearing-completion frenzy at a rather spacious and possibly specious "cottage" on Lake Sunapee.  Hence, I won't be doing a show this week or next, or writing a proper post.  I may weigh in on excess and the 1% and just-what-six-mil-gets-you-these-days (still working off last week's hyphen surplus, as you can see) and suchlike later, but not right yet.

I would like to alert you to/remind you of the Grand Opening celebration at Popolo (it's a restaurant, pronounced "pope-uh-low," no "s") in Bellows Falls, VT. this coming Saturday,  the 30th.  It's a pretty fab place, and there'll be much good music, food and merriment there.  Among the highlights will be Travis Adams playing under the nom de keyboard "Suicide Rhodes" from 5-6 in the lounge.  Popolo is very fortunate to get him at the conclusion of his most recent world tour which commences on June 29 in Saxtons River, VT.  I'm sure he'll be pretty beat from the road ("Mr. Booking Agent, please have mercy/ Don't book the jobs so far apart"), but, trouper that he is, I'm sure he'll rally and provide his usual stellar show. 

I hope to see you there sometime during the course of the evening; I'll be there till bedtime, which, really, can come at any time these days. 

Until the next time there's time, then....

No comments:

Post a Comment